This Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) shall apply to all applicants/attendants at SKS Japan 2022 (the “Event”), an online and offline event which is organized by SIGMAXYZ Inc. (“Organizer”). Please confirm and accept the Terms before you register to attend the Event.
Article 1 (Scope)
- The purpose of the Terms is to define the rights and obligations between you and Organizer regarding participation in the Event and applies to all of your relationship to the Event.
- By completing the purchase of a ticket to attend the Event (“Ticket”), you shall be deemed to have read and irrevocably and unconditionally agreed and accepted the Terms.
Article 2 (The Program of the Event)
- Organizer will inform you of the program of the Event on its website (https://food-innovation.co/en/sksjapan/sksj2022/, the “Website”)
- The program of the Event may be changed without prior notice at the discretion of Organizer. In such case, Organizer will promptly notify you of such changes by posting the details on the Website.
Article 3 (Archive Distribution)
Subject to the completion of Ticket purchase, you will be able to view archived videos of all sessions (including SKS Japan focus session 2 which was held on June 28, 2022). Organizer will give you a separate notice to you about how to view the sessions.
Article 4 (Expense)
You shall bear all costs and expenses related to your attendance of the Event.
Article 5 (Cancellation)
Regardless of the type of Ticket, you cannot refund the Ticket for your own reason after the purchase procedure is complete.
Article 7 (Prohibited Acts)
You shall not engage in any of the following acts in attending the Event.
- Acts that violate any laws, ordinances or public order and morals.
- Acts that infringe violate the property, honor, privacy, portrait rights and the intellectual property rights of Organizer, the speakers of the Event and/or any other third party.
- Copying, downloading, capturing, archiving, streaming, distributing, publishing, modifying, translating, selling, transmitting, or retransmitting live streaming of the Event.
- Applying excessive load to the network or the system of the Event.
- Acts that may interfere with the operation of the Event.
- Unauthorized accessing or attempting to gain unauthorized access to Organizer’s network or system.
- Registering for the Event based on false information.
- Letting a third party access to the Event without prior consent by Organizer.
- Acts of causing disadvantage, damage, or discomfort to Organizer, the speakers of the Event and/or any other third party.
- Any other acts that Organizer deems inappropriate.
Article 8 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- All copyrights, patents, trademarks, and all other rights related to the Event are reserved by Organizer or third parties who owns such rights.
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, any products produced at the Roundtable programs in the Event (“Joint Works”) are the common property rights of the participants who actually produced (“Implementers”) and Organizer. Each Implementer and Organizer may be entitled to use (including but not limited to reproduction, modification, alteration, adaptation, creation of derivative works, and publication) of the Joint Works for their business activities without charge for an indefinite period.
Article 9 (Publication)
You grant permission to Organizer to use photographs, audio, video, and other artifacts made of, or at, the Event without any period of time, and provide such artifacts to media including newspapers, magazines and web news. To the extent of such permission, you shall not exercise copyright, portrait right, name indication right, etc. with respect to your own images or sounds recorded in the Event.
Article 10 (Network Environment)
The network environment (including hardware, software and communication environment, etc.) necessary to attend the Event shall be prepared and maintained at your own expense and responsibility.
Article 11 (Disclaimer)
- Organizer shall not be liable for any damages arising in connection with the Event.
- Organizer shall not be liable for any damages (including not refunding the Ticket) caused to you by force majeure including natural disasters, power outages, communication or system failures, suspension of public services, government acts, terrorism, war, epidemics or infectious diseases, or any other cause not attributable to and beyond the control of Organizer.
Article 12 (Your Responsibility)
If you breach any of the Terms, Organizer reserve the right to refuse (i) your attendance in the Event and (ii) your viewing the archived sessions. If any damage caused to Organizer or any third party as a result of your breach, you shall hold harmless Organizer and resolve the matter at your own responsibility and expense.
Article 13 (Exclusion of Anti-Social Forces)
You represent and warrant that you are not Anti-Social Forces (a gang, a gang member, an individual that left a gang within the last five years, a quasi-member of a gang, a gang affiliate or group, sokaiya, a blackmailer camouflaged as a social movement activist, a special violent group, or any other persons equivalent to these; and the same will be hereinafter applied) currently and in the future.
Article 14 (Amendments of the Terms)
Organizer may change the Terms from time to time. In such case, Organizer will inform you of any changes to the Terms by way of posting them on the Website.
Article 15 (Jurisdiction)
Attendance in the Event and the Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan. Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdictional court of first instance to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in connection with your attendance in the Event and the Terms.
Effective Date: July 8, 2022